AmeriHealth 65 Preferred HMO Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
AmeriHealth 65 Preferred Rx HMO is a Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan with prescription drug coverage for individuals. Our AmeriHealth 65 Preferred Rx HMO plan is available to eligible residents in the entire state of New Jersey.
AmeriHealth 65 Preferred HMO Medical-only Coverage
AmeriHealth 65 Preferred Medical-only HMO is a Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan. Our AmeriHealth 65 Preferred Medical-only HMO plan is available to eligible residents in the entire state of New Jersey.
For more information about our plans, please contact us. We have free interpreter services to answer any questions you may have about our health or drug plan. To get an interpreter, contact us and someone who speaks your language can help you. This is a free service.
- AmeriHealth 65 Preferred HMO Multi-Language Interpreter Services
Y0041_HNS_13_2343 Accepted 09262012
With a Medicare Advantage plan from AmeriHealth 65 Preferred HMO, you are covered for more benefits and your out-of-pocket costs may be less than Original Medicare.
- For routine exams and physicals from your Primary Care Physician, you are responsible for only your copayment.
- For medical expenses in or out of the hospital (medical and surgical services, physical therapy, diagnostic tests, and durable medical equipment), you will be responsible for your copayment or no copayment at all.
AmeriHealth Medigap Plans
Medicare Supplement plans (also known as Medigap) provide traditional, supplemental protection — it's the kind of insurance you can use with any health care provider who accepts Original Medicare patients.
AmeriHealth Medigap Plans offer a choice of four plans. To join, you must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and B and must continue to pay your Medicare Part A (if applicable) and Part B premiums. Our Medigap plans are available to eligible residents in the entire state of New Jersey.
Original Medicare does not pay all your health care costs. People who have only Medicare coverage pay a lot of money out of their own pockets for deductibles and coinsurance payments and services not covered by Medicare.
Here are some examples of 2015 costs you may have to pay if you have only Original Medicare Part A and Part B coverage.*
- Routine exams and physicals are not generally covered by Medicare. You are responsible for the entire cost of these visits.
- Just one day in the hospital can cost you up to $1,260.
- Skilled nursing facility care is covered by Medicare Part A for up to 100 days per benefit period. After 20 days, you could be responsible for a copayment of up to $157.50 per day.
- For medical expenses in or out of the hospital (medical and surgical services, physical therapy, diagnostic tests, and durable medical equipment), Medicare Part B requires a $147-per-year deductible. After the deductible, Medicare covers only 80% of approved charges.
How can you avoid the costs not paid by Medicare?
For more information, compare our plans.
*Amounts noted are for 2015 and may change.
Website last updated: 12/31/2014
Y0041_H3156_AH_15_20731d Approved 3/13/2015